Effective as of May 1, 2019
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and/or interacting with you, National Deaf News will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
- Other Information.
In addition to the Personal, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Website, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Website (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Website, such as search queries, amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
- About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Carrier; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- From Cookies
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Website are visited or used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want National Deaf News to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Website, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
- Third-Party Analytics
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
- From You.
Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us (either directly or via our social media pages) that does not identify you personally.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Neither we nor any third party acting on our behalf employs behavioral advertising or retargeting in connection with users whom we know to be under 13 years old.
How the Information is Used and Shared
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Website and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- National Deaf News will access, use, and share the Information as required to provide services or support to you in connection with your use of the Website.
- In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information to other companies or third parties, including our partners who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance or marketing assistance. These other companies and individuals will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, and our products and services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of National Deaf News or others.
How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us as set forth below. In addition, you may manage your receipt of our newsletter and announcement email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any National Deaf News email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, email sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. National Deaf News adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to us. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Website only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
New Jersey Deaf News, Inc.
PO Box 284
Cranford, NJ 07016
In addition, National Deaf News does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For instructions on how to opt out of third-party interest-based advertising, please see “How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising” above.
How to Contact Us